Dave Peterson

Default Changing color in color palette

Open your workbooks.

Then in one you want to change:
tools|options|color tab

You can reset them to "normal" by clicking the reset button.

Or you can copy from a different workbook by using the "copy colors from"
dropdown.

If you want to learn more about how excel deals with colors, you may want to
visit David McRitchie's site:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm

Gilbert De Ceulaer wrote:

I have several workbooks all linked together.
Some of them are old, some of them are newer (Maybe, I even started them in
a different version of Excel)
When I choose a background color for a cell the color that shows in a
certain position on the palette is not the same in all the workbooks. I
checked it with a macro

Sub Kleurtest()
'
' Kleurtest Macro
' Macro recorded 12/12/2004 by GDC
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+D
'
With Selection.Interior
.ColorIndex = 38
.Pattern = xlSolid
End With
End Sub

In one workbook it give me a reddish pink, an another this gives me an
darker pink.

Is the any way of changing the one of the colors in the palette, so I can
have the same color attached to this ".colorindex = 38" ?

Gilbert De Ceulaer

--

Dave Peterson