LennyNY

Default keyboard shortcuts wrong

I just installed Excel 2003 on a new Compaq R4000; prev used Dell Inspiron
5100. On new install, some kbd shtcts are mixed up: Home positions @ top of
wksht; Ctrl+Home positions @ beginning of current row; when editing directly
in cell by pressing F2, pressing Tab goes to end of row, Shift+Tab goes to
beginning of row, rather than next or previous cell. Running Repair from
Install disk didn't help. All worked fine on prev machine. How do I fix these
& other keyboard shortcuts to function correctly?
Anne Troy

Perhaps it's your keyboard. Do you have an "F key"? I don't know what the
Inspiron is...but I had a wireless keyboard that defaulted to a state where
I always had to hit the F key on restart for my keyboard shortcuts to work
properly.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"LennyNY" wrote in message
I just installed Excel 2003 on a new Compaq R4000; prev used Dell Inspiron
5100. On new install, some kbd shtcts are mixed up: Home positions @ top
of
wksht; Ctrl+Home positions @ beginning of current row; when editing
directly
in cell by pressing F2, pressing Tab goes to end of row, Shift+Tab goes to
beginning of row, rather than next or previous cell. Running Repair from
Install disk didn't help. All worked fine on prev machine. How do I fix
these
& other keyboard shortcuts to function correctly?

Gord Dibben

Lenny

ToolsOptionsTransition.

Uncheck the option button at "Transition Navigation Keys".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP