rm

Default KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS

I am using Windows XP and Excel version 2002.

Is there a keyboard shortcut that will select an entire row? Something
equivalent to mouse clicking a row number?
Don Guillett

Not that I know of but you could always create a macro and assign a shortcut
activecell.entirerow.select

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"rm" wrote in message
I am using Windows XP and Excel version 2002.

Is there a keyboard shortcut that will select an entire row? Something
equivalent to mouse clicking a row number?

help me

(Ctrl, Shift, right arrow) should work..

"rm" wrote:

I am using Windows XP and Excel version 2002.

Is there a keyboard shortcut that will select an entire row? Something
equivalent to mouse clicking a row number?

Peo Sjoblom

Shift + Space

for column

Ctrl + Space

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"rm" wrote:

I am using Windows XP and Excel version 2002.

Is there a keyboard shortcut that will select an entire row? Something
equivalent to mouse clicking a row number?

Ken

Pls help me to fix the not-fuctioning key board short for "CTRL+SPACEBAR"
function ie, When I press CTRL+SPACEBAR, nothing happens. But other keyboard
shortcuts are working fine.

How can I fix the problem so I can use keyboard to select an entire row in a
worksheet.

Thanks!

Ken

"rm" wrote:

I am using Windows XP and Excel version 2002.

Is there a keyboard shortcut that will select an entire row? Something
equivalent to mouse clicking a row number?

Gord Dibben

Ken

SHIFT + SpaceBar selects the entire row in which active cell resides.

CTRL + SpaceBar selects the entire column.

I don't know why yours doesn't work.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

Hi,

"rm" wrote:

I am using Windows XP and Excel version 2002.

Is there a keyboard shortcut that will select an entire row? Something
equivalent to mouse clicking a row number?

Ken

Gord

I want to know why it doesn't work too. That's why I ask!!!
Repeat: it's CTRL+SPACEBAR that doesn't work ie, doesn't select entire
column.
SHIFT+SPACEBAR works fine in selecting entire row

Ken

"rm" wrote:

I am using Windows XP and Excel version 2002.

Is there a keyboard shortcut that will select an entire row? Something
equivalent to mouse clicking a row number?

Gord Dibben

Ken

I sense a bit of frustration setting in here<g.

From your post.......

How can I fix the problem so I can use keyboard to select an entire row in a
worksheet.

I answered with SHIFT + Spacebar to select a row.

Why your CTRL + Spacebar to select a column doesn't work is beyond me.

That's why I stated "I don't know".

Does CTRL + B give you bold text? CTRL + U gives you underline?

CTRL + ; inserts the date in a cell?

Gord

"rm" wrote:

I am using Windows XP and Excel version 2002.

Is there a keyboard shortcut that will select an entire row? Something
equivalent to mouse clicking a row number?

Andy Wiggins

Is this something recent, or has it always not worked?

Have you loaded new software or a non-standard keyboard driver?

--
Andy Wiggins FCCA
www.BygSoftware.com

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Ken

SHIFT + SpaceBar selects the entire row in which active cell resides.

CTRL + SpaceBar selects the entire column.

I don't know why yours doesn't work.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 17 May 2005 16:16:06 -0700, Ken

Hi,