Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Why does recent documents list keep defaulting to 17 docs?

I keep opening up excel to find that my recent docs list is much shorter
because all the unpinnned documents have disappeared. I can reset this by
changing the option under the excel optionsadvanced menu but I would like to
know why this is happening and if I can change the default recent documents
list length.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Adam

If you hover over the "Show this number of recent documents" in
OptionsAdvanced you will see "fewer will be shown if they don't fit on
screen"

That may be the reason it defaults to 17.

I'm not sure.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP