Old December 3rd 09, 05:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default setting default value field settings

I do a lot of work with pivot tables, and in almost all cases I need the
value field to be numeric using a comma separator with 0 decimal places. How
do I set my Excel preferences for defaults like this?

Old December 7th 09, 01:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I do not believe that there is a way to do this under current functionality.

You have to use Format Cells the same way as you use it elsewhere.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.