-   -   setting default value field settings (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/250023-setting-default-value-field-settings.html)

hbecker

setting default value field settings

I do a lot of work with pivot tables, and in almost all cases I need the
value field to be numeric using a comma separator with 0 decimal places. How
do I set my Excel preferences for defaults like this?

trip_to_tokyo[_3_]

setting default value field settings

I do not believe that there is a way to do this under current functionality.

You have to use Format Cells the same way as you use it elsewhere.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.