Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Automatically open a specific spreadsheet when opening Excel

When initially opening Excel, is there any way to have Excel open up a
specific spreadsheet determined via Excel Options?

I would like Excel to open a spreadsheet that I always need automatically
every single time I open up the program.

Let me know if there is any way to do this?

Thanks for your help!
Carlos
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Place the workbook in your XLSTART folder or your Alternate startup folder.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 09:17:02 -0800, Carlos
wrote:

When initially opening Excel, is there any way to have Excel open up a
specific spreadsheet determined via Excel Options?

I would like Excel to open a spreadsheet that I always need automatically
every single time I open up the program.

Let me know if there is any way to do this?

Thanks for your help!
Carlos

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

You could put that workbook in your XLStart folder.

You could put the workbook in a folder that excel looks at when it starts.
Then change an option to tell excel to start looking there (in xl2003 menus):
Tools|Options|General tab
Put the folder name in the: At startup, open all files in:

Don't put other files in this folder--unless you want excel to try to open them.

Personally, I wouldn't do either of these.

Instead I'd open windows explorer.
Traverse to the drive/folder that contains that file.
right click on it and choose:
Send to
then choose
Desktop (create shortcut)

Then use this shortcut to start excel.

This gives me the option of not starting this workbook when I really don't want
it open.

--

Dave Peterson