Old November 4th 09, 09:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Multiple instances of Excel (Multiple workbooks)

I wish to be able to VIEW two workbooks at the same time. Currently, I can
only view one workbook at a time, regardless of how many are open. I am using
Excel 2007.

In MS word 2007, when you open a document, and then open another document,
both documents are displayed on the desktop in seperate instances of Word.

In MS excel 2007, when I open a workbook, and then open another workbook,
both workbooks are displayed on the desktop in the same instance of excel.
This means I cannot view two workbooks simultaneously. I can switch between
the workbooks, but I want to be able to view multiple workbooks.

Old November 5th 09, 12:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

On one monitor?

ViewNew Window..........arrange vertically.

Dual monitors?

See Chip Pearson's site for instructions.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/MultipleMonitors.aspx

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Old November 13th 09, 05:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

"Shane" wrote:
I wish to be able to VIEW two workbooks at the same time. Currently, I can
only view one workbook at a time, regardless of how many are open. I am using
Excel 2007.

In MS word 2007, when you open a document, and then open another document,
both documents are displayed on the desktop in seperate instances of Word.

In MS excel 2007, when I open a workbook, and then open another workbook,
both workbooks are displayed on the desktop in the same instance of excel.
This means I cannot view two workbooks simultaneously. I can switch between
the workbooks, but I want to be able to view multiple workbooks.- Hide quoted text -

I had this same question. I knew how to do this is in Office 2003 but
it's not so obvious in Office 2007. Thank you so much.