Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Negative Number Formatting Excel 2007

I was using Excel 2003 on XP and when I entered a negative Currency or
Accounting number -1,235.00 in a cell it appeared automatically in brackets
(1,235.00), after I hit enter. I am now using Excel 2007 on Vista and when I
do the same, the number appears with a negative sign -1,235.00.

What can I do to make negative Currency or Accounting numbers appear in
Excel as (1,235.00) automatically?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

If you want the ()'s to show up for negative numbers in the format|cells|number
tab, you'll have to change a windows setting.

Windows start button|control panel
regional and language options
regional options tab
click the customize button
currency tab
change the negative currency format to show ()'s.

--

Dave Peterson