Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Unable to save XLSX files without using 'Save As' and different na

Hello,

I have a client who is unable to create a file, Save it, reopen it and make
changes and then save it again. When the customer tries to save it after
making changes, he gets the 'Save As' box and it will not let him save it as
the original file. We have tested this with an XLS file and it functions
fine. Any thoughts?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Check that the user has Modify NTFS permissions on the folder location. I
have seen this behaviour where the XLS format can be saved over the existing
document with only Write NTFS permissions but not with XLSX.