Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Title bar error in 'Save As' and 'Open' dialog boxes

In my previous installation of Office 10, suddenly the "Save As" and "Open"
dialog boxes started displaying "S" instead of "Save As" and "O" instead of
"Open" in their title bars. This problem appeared simultaneously in both
Word and Excel.

When I uninstalled Office 10 and installed Office 12, the error went away in
Word, but not in Excel. Is this worth worrying about? Is there a corrupt
dll lurking somewhere? Why would the error go away in Word, but not in Excel?