Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default "New Window" not making new window

When I select "New Window", the 'new' window doesn't appear on the task bar
(where the other windows usually display). I have the tool bar set to not
group windows.

I can Ctrl+Tab to get to the other windows, but they used to appear on the
task bar.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Do you have "windows in taskbar" selected?

In xl2003 menus, it's under:
tools|Options|View tab

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

In Excel 2003 I would go to ToolsOptionsView and enable "Windows in
Taskbar"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:33:02 -0800, Robert_L_Ross
wrote:

When I select "New Window", the 'new' window doesn't appear on the task bar
(where the other windows usually display). I have the tool bar set to not
group windows.

I can Ctrl+Tab to get to the other windows, but they used to appear on the
task bar.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi,

Try right-clicking an empty area of the Windows Taskbar and choosing
Properties. Make sure that the Group similar Taskbar buttons is unchecked.
This is what its called in Vista, I don't have XP on this machine so look for
something similar.

If this helps, please click the Yes button,

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire