Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default word and excel loaded but will not function

Old computer (XP) died. Installed Office Professional Plus 2007 onto new
computer (Vista). Seemed to install OK and activated OK. But when I try to
bring up Word I only get the yellow Word 2007 box and the hourglass-the
program never starts.

Also from same installation: Excel will load, but as soon as I try to modify
a cell it switches to a grayed screen and the heading goes to Excel - Book 1
- not responding?

Any ideas? MS wants $99 to talk to me!

Thanks