Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Change default application

How can I change the default setting so when I am opening an email attachment
(e.g., Word, Excel, etc.) it will open in Office 2003 (currently installed)
rather than Office 2007 (a trial version was preloaded on my new laptop).

Right now when I receive an attachment and click on it, it automatically
launches the trial version of 2007and I am not ready to use that version and
want all my attachments to open in the 2003 version
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I'd try this...

Windows start button|Run
type:
"C:\your exact path to xl2003\excel.exe" /regserver
then hit ok

Try it out with a .xls file attachment.

If it works, then do the same with WinWord.exe (MSWord), and powerpnt.exe
(PowerPoint).

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Associate XLS with Excel 2003, DOC with Word 2003 and so on...

One way;
Shift+Right Click on any XLS file, Choose Open With', Check the box which
says something like 'Always use this...'
Repeat similar steps with DOC, PPT etc.