Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Default Application

I'm running both 2003 & 2007 versions of excel. How can I make 2007 the
default application? I could have sworn it already was at one time but now
when I click on a file it opens in 2003. I tried changing the file type in
the folder options menu but that didn't work. Any ideas? I also tried
unregistering 2003 but that didn't work either.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd try reregistering xl2007:

Close excel (all versions)
windows start button|Run
type your path to excel2007:
"C:\whatevergoeshere\excel.exe" /unregserver
and hit enter
then
"C:\whatevergoeshere\excel.exe" /regserver
and hit enter.

The last version installed or registered should be the default program.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That technique works with versions before xl2007. I don't have xl2007 on a pc
that has any other version of excel on it. So thanks for posting back.

Have you tried reinstalling xl2007?

Secret Squirrel wrote:

I'm running both 2003 & 2007 versions of excel. How can I make 2007 the
default application? I could have sworn it already was at one time but now
when I click on a file it opens in 2003. I tried changing the file type in
the folder options menu but that didn't work. Any ideas? I also tried
unregistering 2003 but that didn't work either.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I ran the Microsoft Office Diagnostics and it fixed it. 2007 is now my
default application. Guess there must have been a bug or something in there.
Thanks for your help Dave!