Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Secret Squirrel Secret Squirrel is offline

Default Default Application

Nope didn't work. When I try that with 2007 and then hit enter it opens excel
2007 up. I tried it twice and nothing.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I'd try reregistering xl2007:

Close excel (all versions)
windows start button|Run
type your path to excel2007:
"C:\whatevergoeshere\excel.exe" /unregserver
and hit enter
then
"C:\whatevergoeshere\excel.exe" /regserver
and hit enter.

The last version installed or registered should be the default program.

Secret Squirrel wrote:

I'm running both 2003 & 2007 versions of excel. How can I make 2007 the
default application? I could have sworn it already was at one time but now
when I click on a file it opens in 2003. I tried changing the file type in
the folder options menu but that didn't work. Any ideas? I also tried
unregistering 2003 but that didn't work either.

--

Dave Peterson