Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
NN NN is offline

Default Customizing "blank workbook"

I have created "book.xlt", placed it i xlstartup fodler.
When i open excel, the workbook that opens as default, contains fthe
formatting from book.xlt.
However;
if I choose "File" -- "New..." (notice ...) and click on "Blank Workbook",
the workbook excel shows me, does not contain the desired formatting.
Is this how it is supposed to work?
Or am I doing something wrong?
Of course i would like "Balnk woorkbook" also to contain my default
formatting.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

You can add New (w/o the dots) to the File dropdown and use that book.xlt. (You
could remove the New... option if you really hate it!)

Or you can click on the new icon on the standard toolbar to use book.xlt.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Ps.

To add New

Tools|Customize|commands tab|file category
drag the New icon over the file menu.
When the file menu expands, put it where you like it.

To delete New...
tools|customize (just to see that dialog)
expand the file menu and drag it off that toolbar.