Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Customizing "blank workbook"

You can add New (w/o the dots) to the File dropdown and use that book.xlt. (You
could remove the New... option if you really hate it!)

Or you can click on the new icon on the standard toolbar to use book.xlt.

NN wrote:

I have created "book.xlt", placed it i xlstartup fodler.
When i open excel, the workbook that opens as default, contains fthe
formatting from book.xlt.
However;
if I choose "File" -- "New..." (notice ...) and click on "Blank Workbook",
the workbook excel shows me, does not contain the desired formatting.
Is this how it is supposed to work?
Or am I doing something wrong?
Of course i would like "Balnk woorkbook" also to contain my default
formatting.

--

Dave Peterson