Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Unable to add Add-Ins in Excel 2007

Hello,

I recently installed Office 2007 Enterprise Edition on my laptop. During
the installation it prompted me if I would like to upgrade or to remove all
the previous versions (Office 2003). I opted to remove and do a custom
install so that I could install some add-ins to some of the Office
applications. My problem is that when I try to access the Excel Add-Ins tab
that displays upon clicking on the Excel Options button I get an error. The
error comes up in an a dialog box stating that "Microsoft Office Excel has
encounter a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
This only happens using Excel. All other Office applications allow me to
access and enable Add-Ins. If anyone has idea of how to solve this issue it
would be much appreciated. I am able to open the SOLVER.XLAM file and work
from there but I cannot get it to stay on the Data ribbon.

Thanks in advance,

J. B.