Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Cannot Open Excel Document without launching Excel first

I could no longer be able to open an Excel document by double clicking it.
I will need to launch Excel first, then file/open to select the document I
want to use.
The situation persist even after a re-installation of Office 2003 Standard.

Dunno how to over come the issue!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Toolsoptionsgeneral tab
and uncheck ignore other applications