-   -   Cannot Open Excel Document without launching Excel first (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/159851-cannot-open-excel-document-without-launching-excel-first.html)

Excel User

Cannot Open Excel Document without launching Excel first

I could no longer be able to open an Excel document by double clicking it.
I will need to launch Excel first, then file/open to select the document I
want to use.
The situation persist even after a re-installation of Office 2003 Standard.

Dunno how to over come the issue!

Gary''s Student

Cannot Open Excel Document without launching Excel first

Toolsoptionsgeneral tab
and uncheck ignore other applications

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200747