Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 will not open an Excel 2003 document

When I try to open an Excel 2003 document I get this error "access denied -
contact your administrator". I have checked and the document that is trying
to be opened is unrestricted. Please help. Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If it's not windows giving you the warning, maybe the developer wanted to limit
access to that workbook.

I'd talk to the developer and see if he or she can help.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have checked with the developer. He is the one having the problem. He
took the document to a meeting and the meeting site has Excel 2007. Do you
have any other suggestions? Maybe there are too many security checks within
Window's Vista, that is the operating system we are using. Is ther some sort
of security check that we can turn off? Thanks,

lethag wrote:

When I try to open an Excel 2003 document I get this error "access denied -
contact your administrator". I have checked and the document that is trying
to be opened is unrestricted. Please help. Thanks,

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sounds like a Vista problem, I have 2007 installed on XP and I haven't had
any problems whatsoever with regards to opening workbooks from previous
versions neither have I had problems with speed..

Peo Sjoblom