Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default How do I disable Custom Views?

I have a shared workbook that everytime a user accesses it and saves it, it
saves a Custom View for them. Over time, my file size gets bigger and
bigger.

Also, there are is historical data in the workbook that is hidden and if
their custom view does not hide rows and columns and they save it, the next
time that it is opened by another user, then all of the historical data is
unhidden.

The only solution that I can come up with, is to disable my workbook from
allowing custom views to be added, AUTOMATICALLY. Because that is what is
happening. But through all of my searches, I cannot find anyway to disable
this feature in Excel.

I am using Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003. Some of the users that
access this workbook are using Office 2000, but the custom views are even
being saved when I access and save the workbook. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

You could disable the menu option:-

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
With Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("&View")
.Controls("Custom &Views...").Enabled = False
End With
End Sub

Dont forget to enable it when the workbook is closed.

Mike