Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default where is excel2007 installed?

I have excel2007 and it opens when i access an existing file. I just can't
find it any other way. where is it installed by default so i can make a
shortcut? It does not appear in the program list, not by itself nor in Office
where the rest of the suite is.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Office12 is the version that comes after Office11(2003) and Office10(2002)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Aqueous" wrote:

I have excel2007 and it opens when i access an existing file. I just can't
find it any other way. where is it installed by default so i can make a
shortcut? It does not appear in the program list, not by itself nor in Office
where the rest of the suite is.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Thanks! It raises a question, since i see folders for 11 and 10 in my
directory, although I am thought i uninstalled all earlier Office editions
prior to installing OL2007. Are these harmeless legacy-related files? Things
seem to be ok...

"Aqueous" wrote:

I have excel2007 and it opens when i access an existing file. I just can't
find it any other way. where is it installed by default so i can make a
shortcut? It does not appear in the program list, not by itself nor in Office
where the rest of the suite is.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Don't worry about those folders.

I installed Office11 on a clean formatted computer and have an Office10 and
Office11 folder.

Very little in the Office10 folder. Couple of dll's and a couple of msohelp
files.

Also have Office10 items in the Registry.

Gord