Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default DECONCATENATING IN EXCEL2007 for further use in ACCESS

I am looking to break down Sanskrit words in Excel2007 into their components
without undergoing a nervous breakdown myself.
Take an imagined word in English such as antisuperremuneration, which might
be hyphenated as anti-super-re-munerat-ion to show its component parts.
I cannot wolesale assign colors to the parts with find&replace, as the
procedure colors the whole cell. I suppose I might accomplish the the task
partially in Word and then reintroduce everything back into Excel. So that I
might have columns of:
ENTRY: component1; component2; component3; etc.
All bright suggestions appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

I know of no way for Excel to break down the word if there are no seperators
such as hyphens, etc. It would seem that manually is the only way(Data
TextToColumns Fixed, is one way)........or, you "can" color the font in
different colors across a single word tho by highlighting the part of the
word you want to color up in the formula box and then coloring it, then
highlighting another seciton and coloring it different, etc etc.........but
this is all by hand........now if you had many repeats of a certain
letter-group on a sheet, there may be a way to do that part globally in
VBA.....

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3