Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Upgrade from MS Office 2003 SE to MS Office 2003 PE

Just installed PE but excel, word, outlook, etc still show SE in helpabout.
Meanwhile, Access helpabout shows PE. How do you activate PE features in
the programs in the PE suite that were already installed with the SE suite?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Esther

I suspect it just doesn't upgrade the dialog. If in Excel you have XML under
the data menu, you have Professional installed, as that only ships with XL
from Off Pro or Stand-Alone XL

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

HIS
www.nickhodge.co.uk

"Esther" wrote in message
Just installed PE but excel, word, outlook, etc still show SE in
helpabout.
Meanwhile, Access helpabout shows PE. How do you activate PE features in
the programs in the PE suite that were already installed with the SE
suite?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

It didn't have XML on the Data menu...that's how I knew there was a problem.
Turns out the PE didn't overwrite the SE. I uninstalled the SE & PE and
re-installed the PE. That took care of the problem.

Thanks!