Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default upgrade to Excel 2003 - loss of text color on screen

i have just upgraded my office application from Office 2000 to Office 2003. I
have accessed spreadsheets created in Office 2000 in the new application but
find that all the text and cell coloring that was done in the original does
not show up any longer in the viewing screen but that when one views the
document for printing in color all the text and cell coloration is in fact
present still. How do I get the colors to show up in my working copy?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Might be this problem........................

The Windows High Contrast setting.

Read this KB article.

The fill color, the fill pattern, or the line color of a WordArt or
AutoShape object in an Office document does not change

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 23:16:01 -0700, romeo2r2
wrote:

i have just upgraded my office application from Office 2000 to Office 2003. I
have accessed spreadsheets created in Office 2000 in the new application but
find that all the text and cell coloring that was done in the original does
not show up any longer in the viewing screen but that when one views the
document for printing in color all the text and cell coloration is in fact
present still. How do I get the colors to show up in my working copy?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Gord, EXACTLY the problem! Thank you so much for your help. I think what
happened was that in my 'Accessability Settings - Display' everything was set
up to toggle the High Contrast feature "on" if I hit the right keyboard
shortcut sequence - i.e. Lshift/L Alt/PrtScn . I do remember trying recently
to actually do a Prnt Srn on something and I must have hit the HighContrast
shortcut sequence inadvertantly. Obviously I had never hit it before. I have
now disabled the keyboard shortcut feature so that such indavertant and
unintended alterations can no longer occur unless I intend to make such a
change by actually entering the Accessability Options with a view to toggling
such a feature on. This has also resolved my Internet Explorer screen
condition where, notwithstanding my Text setting was on "smallest", I was
getting 2" lettering on the screen and couldn't do anything about it!
Obviously for the visually impaired! I haven't reached that stage myself yet
, though we're not that far off, but it is very comforting to know that these
capabilities can be found in the software for that day when I will no doubt
succumb to old age! Once again many thanks for your assistance. All my
searching under the KB stuff would never have turned this one up because the
search words that I was using were so off-base that every thing I hit was
unrelated to my actual condition. That's what I like (and don't like) about
computers - there is always something more to learn!!!!

Regards

Rick Matthews

wrote:

i have just upgraded my office application from Office 2000 to Office 2003. I
have accessed spreadsheets created in Office 2000 in the new application but
find that all the text and cell coloring that was done in the original does
not show up any longer in the viewing screen but that when one views the
document for printing in color all the text and cell coloration is in fact
present still. How do I get the colors to show up in my working copy?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Thanks for the feedback Rick.

Always happy to hear a successful resolution to a problem.

Gord