Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default How do I change default unit of measure from cm to inches?

I have just installed Office 2003 on my new computer and I forget how to
change the unit of measure from cm to inches. I want to be able to set my
margins unsing inches, I don't want to have to get a ruler out every time I
want to change a margin! Help!
--
TTFN
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Woodster

This is a Windows Setting.

StartSettingsControl PanelRegional and Language Settings

Change from Metric to U.S. measurement system.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 14:25:01 -0700, Woodster
wrote:

I have just installed Office 2003 on my new computer and I forget how to
change the unit of measure from cm to inches. I want to be able to set my
margins unsing inches, I don't want to have to get a ruler out every time I
want to change a margin! Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi

I tried what you suggested to change from inches to cm, but it didn't work.
All other applications show cms but Excel continus to show inches. Hopw do I
change Excel to cms???????

Suppy

wrote:

I have just installed Office 2003 on my new computer and I forget how to
change the unit of measure from cm to inches. I want to be able to set my
margins unsing inches, I don't want to have to get a ruler out every time I
want to change a margin! Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Your original post stated you wanted to change from cms to inches so you must be
happy if Excel shows inches.

I know of no other way to change from Metric to US or US to Metric.

There is no provision inside Excel to do this.

Gord