TonyJD

Default Change the default chart colours

When I create a pivot bar chart there are preset default colours. I can
change the colours but when I refresh the data the colours change back to the
original ones. How do I keep the same colours?
Andy Pope

Hi

This is a know problem.

XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting (215904)
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Jon Peltier

If it's just the colors you don't like, you can change the default colors in a
chart. On the Tools menu, choose Options, then click on the Color tab. The bottom
two rows of the palette are used for charting. Adjust them as you see fit. When
you've customized a workbook's palette (it's not Excel-wide, but stored with the
workbook), you can copy it into another workbook from the same dialog.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services