Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Mixed Cell Formatiing

I would like to have a mixed cell format in a single cell, i.e., a label
followed by the results of a formula calculated in the cell. An example
would be: "Avg.: " (the result from a formula calculation). How can I do
this? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

You could modify your formula:

="Avg: " & average(a1:a10)

Or you could use a custom format (format|cells|number tab) like:

"Avg: "#,##0.00

In the first example, the cell is no longer a number--it's text. In the second
example, the cell is still a number--it's just formatted nicely.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Gene