Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default CATCHING DUPLICATE INFORMATION IN DIFFERENT CELLS SAME PROGRAM

I am working in excel and need to have a warning when information previously
keyed is being duplicated in the same colums. Example: column B is always
ticket numbers. I want excel to warn me if while keying in column B I key
the same number in a different cell. I want this restricted to certain
columns not the entire workbook.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Lisa

Check out Chip Pearson's site for "preventing duplicates".

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP