Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default how to design a form

Hi

I am new to excel and would like to design a form, that keeeps track of the
construction maintenance jobs we have in then when they have been completed
to produce an invoice saving all imfo in relative sheets. i.e. work in, work
completed, work invoiced, outstanding invoices, invoices paid etc etc with
data fields to be filled out by user then all this data to be automatically
added to the respective spread sheet.

In anticipation for someones patience to help or explain

Allan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

What you are asking for would take a book to explain, and although I'm a
very patient person, it would be poor use of our joint time.

With those requirements just for starters, I suggest you consider using
an accounting program that keeps track of jobs, clients, activities,
because when you use one of those you also get all the relevant
functions thrown in that you are going to need but don't know it yet.

Not knowing what country you are in makes it hard, but for example,
MYOB's Accounting Plus program includes time billing which will do all
the things you mention, plus all the rest, and is very good value for
the functionality. A search around "accounting software" and "work in
progress" or jobs should get you started.

Regards
Mike (MYOB Consultant)
Mike

--
Mikeopolo
Mikeopolo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18570

Design a form Cyrus New Users to Excel 2 May 9th 06 06:43 AM
Baffling! Spreadsheet Data Form Size Jim Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 May 4th 06 07:41 PM
Merge Excel data into specific form areas in a Word Doc duugg Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 April 21st 06 08:25 PM
Design complicated form JMJJ Cates New Users to Excel 3 October 16th 05 12:02 AM
Worksheet form design rgarber50 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 August 7th 05 05:09 AM