JMJJ Cates

Default Design complicated form

HI

I am pretty familiar with Word & Access but what I want to design now needs
Excel I think.
Can anyone please tell me if what I want is possible and if so perhaps how
to create it?

I want to design a form with questions that each will have 4 mutually
exclusive option boxes (yes, mostly, not really, no) that
than can be automatically summed to give a score.

Example

very much most of the time not
really definitely not
Do you like pizza?
Do you like rice?
etc
etc

SUM SUM
SUM SUM

Many thanks

JMJJ Cates

damorrison

are you going to use dropdown menu for your yes on no answer??
try this if you are
it is an example for four cells...
=IF(G1="Yes",1,0)+IF(G2="Yes",1,0)+IF(G3="Yes",1,0 )+IF(G4="Yes",1,0)
Place this formula in a cell and it will add up the yes's for the other
four cells. Yoy can add more if stmnts.
for the dropdown menu select a cell or a range , go to
data,validation,list type,then type Yes,No (no quotes) in the source
and you will have your dropdown menu

JMJJ Cates

Many thanks

This will work! I was thinking of using tick boxes or radio buttons in stead
of drop down but this will work!
Next step is allowing only one YES answer per horizontal line of 4 options:
I would like to force the choice between the 4 options.
really appreciated!

JMJJ Cates

"damorrison" wrote in message
oups.com...
are you going to use dropdown menu for your yes on no answer??
try this if you are
it is an example for four cells...
=IF(G1="Yes",1,0)+IF(G2="Yes",1,0)+IF(G3="Yes",1,0 )+IF(G4="Yes",1,0)
Place this formula in a cell and it will add up the yes's for the other
four cells. Yoy can add more if stmnts.
for the dropdown menu select a cell or a range , go to
data,validation,list type,then type Yes,No (no quotes) in the source
and you will have your dropdown menu

damorrison

I wonder if you could use the same formula, if you are using option
boxs or what ever you could tag the true or false results to a cell and
then change the formuila to "True'" instead of "Yes" so the trues can
be added up
Dave