Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default emailing excel worksheet with data protected?

I created a sales order excel spreadsheet with 997 lines, then I autofilter
down the info I want the other depts to see. (One gets to see the prices, the
other dept doesn't) If I just E-mail the worksheet that protects the data,
the margins, etc don't transfer and what should print on one page, takes 5
pages. If I E-mail as an attachment to save the print settings, they have
access to change the data and view the prices. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi

You can only send the visible cells in the Body or attachments
There is code here and also the Add-in can do it for you

http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"sewsew8591" wrote in message ...
I created a sales order excel spreadsheet with 997 lines, then I autofilter
down the info I want the other depts to see. (One gets to see the prices, the
other dept doesn't) If I just E-mail the worksheet that protects the data,
the margins, etc don't transfer and what should print on one page, takes 5
pages. If I E-mail as an attachment to save the print settings, they have
access to change the data and view the prices. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Printering etc. will deppend on the end users print set up.
They may have different fonts, paper size etc etc

Anyway hiden columns can't be changed if the sheet is protected, nor can
the filters be changed.

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 18:28:02 +0100, sewsew8591
wrote:

I created a sales order excel spreadsheet with 997 lines, then I
autofilter
down the info I want the other depts to see. (One gets to see the
prices, the
other dept doesn't) If I just E-mail the worksheet that protects the
data,
the margins, etc don't transfer and what should print on one page, takes
5
pages. If I E-mail as an attachment to save the print settings, they have
access to change the data and view the prices. Any ideas?

--
Steve (3)