Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
beginning_excel

Default Newbi...Help...URGENT

Hi ALL:
I am a total newbie.

I am trying to develop a worksheet that takes values from a A1 to
A10 and displays a values in a B1-B10. (These A1-A10 are parameters to
the URL). The criteria is that the values should be loaded from a
particular field from a webpage.

I tried WEBQuery but it is not appropriate for my use. coz... I
cannot have additional worksheets and I cannot write 10 webqueries.
There should be only one worksheet and macros are allowed.

Please help.... what are the options and any sample code to
start..??

Thanks in advance

--
beginning_excel
beginning_excel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35830

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
beginning_excel

anybody out there....plz help

--
beginning_excel
beginning_excel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35830
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=556092

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
gls858

beginning_excel wrote:
anybody out there....plz help

You may get a better result if you post an example of
the data and explain in detail what you would like to do.

gls858
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
beginning_excel

let me explain what I need:
I need to open a URL (http://www.xyz.com/test.asp?var=xyz)
Here xyz takes 10 values. These values are present in excel sheet from
A1-A10.

Now for each of these xyz (A1-A10) values a new webpage output
results.

There are many tables in the webpage. I need to take data from one
particular table, one particular td-element. When I use webquery the
required value always coming into AE4 cell. So I need to display this
Value in B1.

At present for A1-A10 there are 10 webqueries resulting 10 sheets
(Sheet1-Sheet10) and from AE4 value I am populating Values to B1-B10.

The requirement is that We dont want all these temporary sheets. I need
to write a macro to do the job. When the excel file is opened, based on
the values in A1-A10, B1-B10 values should be pulled from the web and
populated.

Plz help

--
beginning_excel
beginning_excel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35830
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=556092

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
beginning_excel

can anyone help(sample code) with reading a webpage into a string.

--
beginning_excel
beginning_excel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35830
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=556092

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
hoyt

it may be a possibility to copy the data and then to use the paste special
function:-
paste/link/data.
similar to how you would link an excel sheet to microsoft project for
instance.