Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
epak

Default VB script in Excel object in Powerpoint (Urgent)

I have a script in an excel table that I have put in powerpoint which I
would like to run in a powerpoint slideshow - using the mouseclick
action.

Is there anyway to do this?

If that isn't possible, is it possible to make a macro in powerpoint
that manipulates cells in an excel object?

What would the address be? I thought something like the following would
work, but it doesn't:
ActiveWindow.Selection.SlideRange.Shapes("Object
11568").Workbook(1).Worksheets(1).Range("A1:B5") = "AB"

I also thought of making a button in the excel file and then embeding
it in the powerpoint file. Unfortunately, the button does not work
either. How would I get the button to work.. or at least how would I
get the script that is linked to that button to work from inside a
powerpoint slide show (using the mouseover or mouseclick action)?

Here is 'the sample file' (http://ep.pe.kr/sample2.ppt), could anyone
take a look?

This is quite urgent, so I would be really appreciative for any help!

--
epak
epak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32716

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
epak

I also tried doing this..

Code:
--------------------

Sub bye()

With ActivePresentation.Slides(1).Shapes(1).OLEFormat.O bject.Application
.Workbooks(1).Worksheets(1).Range("B2:C6").Value = "AB"
End With
With ActivePresentation.Slides(1).Shapes("Object 11568").OLEFormat.Object.Application
.Workbooks(1).Worksheets(1).Range("B2:C6").Value = "AB"
End With
Print ActivePresentation.Slides(1).Shapes(1).Name

End Sub

but it doesn't seem to work..

and why is it that i'm not able to run this macro in design mode? (in
the run macro window, the "run" button is greyed out. only the cancel,
edit, and delete buttons are active.. why is this?)

anybody? :(