Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
cfuller

Default displaying negative values

how do I hide the display of negative numbers?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Marcelo

=if(A1<0,"",A1)

HTH
Regards from Brazil
Marcelo

how do I hide the display of negative numbers?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ken Hudson

Hi,
That will work if cell A1 has a formula in it.
If negative numbers are just typed in, you can use conditional formatting.
Highlight the range of cells you want to format.
Go to Format Conditional Formatting...
Enter cell value is less than 0.
Click the Format... button and select Color: and then click the white icon.
HTH

--
Ken Hudson

"Marcelo" wrote:

=if(A1<0,"",A1)

HTH
Regards from Brazil
Marcelo

how do I hide the display of negative numbers?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ragdyer

Select the cells you wish to format in this way, then:
<Format <Cells <Number tab,
Click on "Custom" in the left (Category) window,
In the "Type" box, on the right, enter:
General;

This custom format will hide the display of negative numbers, either keyed
in, or returned from formulas.
--
HTH,

RD