pooperdoodle

Default how do i set up a column with negative values automatically?

i am having to enter negative numbers in a single column. is there a way to
do so without having to enter all of them one by one manually? is there a
command that will automatically make my entry negative?
Gary's Student

Lets say you enter all the numbers in your column as positive (without the -
sign). Then enter -1 in an unused cell somewhere. Copy this cell and paste
it special into all your positive numbers with the multiply option checked.

This will make all your numbers negative in one fell swoop.
--
Gary's Student

"pooperdoodle" wrote:

i am having to enter negative numbers in a single column. is there a way to
do so without having to enter all of them one by one manually? is there a
command that will automatically make my entry negative?

Bob Phillips

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
If .Column = 2 Then
.Value = Abs(.Value)
End If
End With

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

RP

"pooperdoodle" wrote in message
i am having to enter negative numbers in a single column. is there a way

do so without having to enter all of them one by one manually? is there

command that will automatically make my entry negative?

Ray A

One way
In a blank cell enter -1 copy highlight range with numbers needing
correction Editpaste special and click the radio button for multiply
HTH