Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Julia Burn

Default Displaying negative numbers - inconsistent between desktop and lap

On my desktop PC, in order to have the option of getting negative numbers in
Excel displayed in brackets I need to adjust the Negative Numbers setting in
the Regional Settings part of the Control Panel€¦.this works fine. However,
an identical approach to the same problem on my laptop does not allow the
option of bracketing negative numbers. The Regional Settings are correctly
set, but Im only offered red negatives, or numbers with a minus symbol.
Is there another setting that I should check?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
penri0_0

Hi,

Try formatting the cells in Excel itself, select the Number tab, Custom
and then select #,##0;(#,##0)

hope that works for you

--
penri0_0