Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Lizzeebee007

Default Some grid lines disappear randomly. How do I restore them?

Column and row lines have broken on my excel document. I'm a new user. How
can I restore column and row breaks?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
vandenberg p

Hello:

Did you apply a background fill to some cell? If you apply a background
file to a cell the gridlines will disappear. This is easiest to see if
you apply a white background fill. This condition will be copied with
cell if you copy to another part of the sheet.

To test if this is your problem go to (after saving a backup)
edit/clear/formats. If that returns all your gridlines then your
problem is formating.

Pieter Vandenberg

: Column and row lines have broken on my excel document. I'm a new user. How
: can I restore column and row breaks?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Chip Pearson

If you are referring to gridlines, go to the Tools menu, choose
Options, then the View tab. There, check the Gridlines option.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Lizzeebee007" wrote in
message
Column and row lines have broken on my excel document. I'm a
new user. How
can I restore column and row breaks?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron Coderre

If ALL of the gridlines have disappeared...Try this:

From the Excel main menu:
<tools<options<view tabCheck: Gridlines

If that doesn't work, or only some gridlines are missing, try this:

Select the impacted cells (or the whole sheet)
Then
From the Excel main menu:
<format<cells<patterns tabColor: No color
or
From the "fill color" button on the Formatting toolbar...select "No Fill"

Does that help?
Regards,