-   -   Some grid lines disappear randomly. How do I restore them? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/92667-some-grid-lines-disappear-randomly-how-do-i-restore-them.html)

Lizzeebee007

Some grid lines disappear randomly. How do I restore them?

Column and row lines have broken on my excel document. I'm a new user. How
can I restore column and row breaks?

vandenberg p

Some grid lines disappear randomly. How do I restore them?

Hello:

Did you apply a background fill to some cell? If you apply a background
file to a cell the gridlines will disappear. This is easiest to see if
you apply a white background fill. This condition will be copied with
cell if you copy to another part of the sheet.

To test if this is your problem go to (after saving a backup)
edit/clear/formats. If that returns all your gridlines then your
problem is formating.

Pieter Vandenberg

Lizzeebee007 wrote:
: Column and row lines have broken on my excel document. I'm a new user. How
: can I restore column and row breaks?

Chip Pearson

Some grid lines disappear randomly. How do I restore them?

If you are referring to gridlines, go to the Tools menu, choose
Options, then the View tab. There, check the Gridlines option.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Lizzeebee007" wrote in
message
Column and row lines have broken on my excel document. I'm a
new user. How
can I restore column and row breaks?

Ron Coderre

Some grid lines disappear randomly. How do I restore them?

If ALL of the gridlines have disappeared...Try this:

From the Excel main menu:
<tools<options<view tabCheck: Gridlines

If that doesn't work, or only some gridlines are missing, try this:

Select the impacted cells (or the whole sheet)
Then
From the Excel main menu:
<format<cells<patterns tabColor: No color
or
From the "fill color" button on the Formatting toolbar...select "No Fill"

Does that help?
Regards,