Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pma

Default How can you restore grid lines?

I am trying to restore the grid lines on a work sheet and can't get them
back. The tools/options/view button is not doing it. Any help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett

select arearight clickformatpatternsNO color (at the top on xl2002)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Pma" wrote in message
I am trying to restore the grid lines on a work sheet and can't get them
back. The tools/options/view button is not doing it. Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Irene Pai

two suggestions:
(1) make sure in Tools/Options/View that the color of the gridlines is
something different than the background color of your worksheet
(2) make sure there are no white borders in the worksheet, which will
override any existing gridlines. (Format-Cell-Border).

Hope this helps...

"Pma" wrote:

I am trying to restore the grid lines on a work sheet and can't get them
back. The tools/options/view button is not doing it. Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Carole Drake

Are you trying to print the grid lines? If so, it's in the print setup
section...They would then show in the print preview.
Carole

"Pma" wrote:

I am trying to restore the grid lines on a work sheet and can't get them
back. The tools/options/view button is not doing it. Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TC

Try highlighting the whole sheet then click on the "Fill Color" icon and
click on "No Fill". If the fill color is "White" the gridlines will be
painted over even if "Show Gridlines" is checked under tools.

"Pma" wrote:

I am trying to restore the grid lines on a work sheet and can't get them
back. The tools/options/view button is not doing it. Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am having a similar problem. In Tools/Options/View, when I click the
Gridlines box, I get the error message "The number must be between 1 and
32767. Try again by entering a number in this range." I see nowhere to
enter a number.

"Pma" wrote:

I am trying to restore the grid lines on a work sheet and can't get them
back. The tools/options/view button is not doing it. Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Doesn't work for me either and have exhausted all options I can find out
about. Any help out there?
--
Thanks for your time reading this and any help

"Pma" wrote:

I am trying to restore the grid lines on a work sheet and can't get them
back. The tools/options/view button is not doing it. Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I just replied but forgot to check the "notify me of replies" box
--

"Pma" wrote:

I am trying to restore the grid lines on a work sheet and can't get them
back. The tools/options/view button is not doing it. Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If this is in response to the question posed in January 2006, a number of
answers were given then and it isn't clear which of them you've tried, or in
what situation you've got the problem (e.g. viewing or printing?). In
particular, make sure that the cell background isn't set to white; it needs
to be "no colour".
--
David Biddulph

"Pma" wrote:

I am trying to restore the grid lines on a work sheet and can't get them
back. The tools/options/view button is not doing it. Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PDM PDM is offline

"Pma" wrote:

I am trying to restore the grid lines on a work sheet and can't get them
back. The tools/options/view button is not doing it. Any help?

I am having similar problem; none of the above has worked. I had different
rows with added background patterns. In trying to remove pattern in one row,
went back to cell format, patterns where first created pattern. No clear
pattern option is offered. Nearest thing is to choose white background,
which eliminates background patter, along with irretrievable grid lines.
Have tried all above suggestions, no help. Any suggestions? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Pma" wrote:

I am trying to restore the grid lines on a work sheet and can't get them
back. The tools/options/view button is not doing it. Any help?

I am having similar problem; none of the above has worked. I had different
rows with added background patterns. In trying to remove pattern in one row,
went back to cell format, patterns where first created pattern. No clear
pattern option is offered. Nearest thing is to choose white background,
which eliminates background patter, along with irretrievable grid lines.
Have tried all above suggestions, no help. Any suggestions? Thanks

IF you put in ANY fill, then you MUST use Borders.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PDM PDM is offline

"Bob I" wrote:

"Pma" wrote:

I am trying to restore the grid lines on a work sheet and can't get them
back. The tools/options/view button is not doing it. Any help?

I am having similar problem; none of the above has worked. I had different
rows with added background patterns. In trying to remove pattern in one row,
went back to cell format, patterns where first created pattern. No clear
pattern option is offered. Nearest thing is to choose white background,
which eliminates background patter, along with irretrievable grid lines.
Have tried all above suggestions, no help. Any suggestions? Thanks

IF you put in ANY fill, then you MUST use Borders.

Bob, Thanks for responding. However, someone above (I can't seem to locate him now or I'd give him the credit), but here is a solution that works!:

RESTORING GRID LINES IF LOST THROUGH OTHER OPERATIONS

(e.g., filing a row with a background pattern, and subsequently removing the
pattern, the grid lines will be gone as well €“ which you did not want to
happen):

Right click on some empty space in the Toolbars on top of the screen.

(Just to the right of the "?" that gives you the Help screens).

Choose "Customize"

Choose the Middle tab "Commands"*.

In the left pane(Categories*) choose "Forms*"

In the right pane choose €œToggle Grid.€

There's a button there that looks like a cheese grater.

Slide it out of the dialogue box onto the end of an existing toolbar on top
of the screen.

Close the Customize dialogue box.

Now when you click on the cheese grater the grid will toggle on and off for
the entire worksheet.

ONE PROBLEM:

After that operation, all other rows to which youve applied patterns will
also disappear!!

οƒ˜ Therefore, before restoring the grid lines, make a special mark in the
remaining rows where you wish the patterns to remain, so that after youve
made them all disappear by restoring the grid lines to the row where you
wanted the pattern to disappear, you can go back and restore the background
patterns to those rows where you still need them.
οƒ˜ It will also alter the alignment of all your cells, e.g., those that you
put in center of a cell, etc. Can quickly recognize these, and depressing
control key, pick them all and re-align pretty quickly.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Note: select "Automatic" or "No Fill" for fill color.

Do not use white.

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 16:51:00 -0800, PDM
wrote:

In trying to remove pattern in one row,
went back to cell format, patterns where first created pattern. No clear
pattern option is offered. Nearest thing is to choose white background,
which eliminates background patter, along with irretrievable grid lines.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Pma" wrote:

I am trying to restore the grid lines on a work sheet and can't get them
back. The tools/options/view button is not doing it. Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mohammed

Check that the gridlines oolour has not been set to white under
ToolsOptionsView

Also, make sure that the cells have not all been formatted as
PatternsWhite.
That would prevent gridlines from showing. The default pattern is No Colour

--
Regards
Roger Govier