Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
exxon99

Default Help With Excel Formulas

Hi there,

Im in need of help to figure out the correct excel formula that will
help to populate data from one table to the other in excel. Ive done a
Pivot from the main resource to get the results as below:

A B C
58217 Count of Pencils 22
Count of Books 8
58223 Count of Pencils 25
Count of Books 18
58234 Count of Pencils 25
Count of Books 9
58239 Count of Pencils 1
Count of Books 1
58249 Count of Pencils 18
Count of Books 10
58255 Count of Pencils 23
Count of Books 19
58263 Count of Pencils 32
Count of Books 24

Now I need to populate the Count of Pencils and Books to the IDs in the
table below:
A B C D
ID Name Num of Pencils Number of Books
58217
58223
58234
58239
58249
58255
58263

Both tables are in one same sheet.

Please help. Thanks a bunch!! :)

--
exxon99
exxon99's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34962

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Roger Govier

Hi

I am assuming that you don't have Name within the source data for the
Pivot Table, otherwise, the easiest way would be to just add Name as
another Row item.

Alternatively, you could use the GetPivotData() function to extract the
data from the PT to the other table you have set up.
For more information on the use of this feature take a look at Debra
Dalgleish's site

Regards

Roger Govier

"exxon99" wrote
in message ...

[...]

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
exxon99

Hi,

well i do not have any problem generating the Pivot Data, I just need
to match the ID from the Pivot with the IDs in the next sheet. How do I
do that?