Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
johnny.exe

Default drop down lists

thanks to some members of the forum i now have drop down lists on my
spreadsheet, however...

i have to input say 20 peoples information in a month and i was
woundering if i could set it up so that i can use the one drop down
list to deal with all 20 peopels, so for example..

person 1 wants 'shoes', click cell a2, click on shoes from table and it
is inputed.
person 2 wants 'hats', click cell a3, click on shoes from table and its
inputed. etc

at present i can only control one cell, with one drop down list, can a
condition on something be places so that i can save my spreadsheet from
haveing 20 different drop dpwn lists.
thanks
john

to the members of the forum whom answered me firsted, thanks :)

--
johnny.exe
johnny.exe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30775

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Roger Govier

Hi Johnny

If I understand you correctly, you have set up your Data Validation for
cell A1 with your list of Hats, Shoes etc.
Just copy cell A1mark the range of cells A2:A20Paste
SpecialValidation
Now you will have the same dropdown for all 20 cells in column A.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"johnny.exe"
wrote in message

[...]

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben

Sounds like you want dependent lists.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for how to do.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP