Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben

Default drop down lists

Sounds like you want dependent lists.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for how to do.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 08:56:57 -0600, johnny.exe
wrote:

thanks to some members of the forum i now have drop down lists on my
spreadsheet, however...

i have to input say 20 peoples information in a month and i was
woundering if i could set it up so that i can use the one drop down
list to deal with all 20 peopels, so for example..

person 1 wants 'shoes', click cell a2, click on shoes from table and it
is inputed.
person 2 wants 'hats', click cell a3, click on shoes from table and its
inputed. etc

at present i can only control one cell, with one drop down list, can a
condition on something be places so that i can save my spreadsheet from
haveing 20 different drop dpwn lists.
thanks
john

to the members of the forum whom answered me firsted, thanks :)