cribology - ExcelForums.com

Default Drop Down lists

I have a drop down list that has source values taken from F1:F50, as
new values are repeatedly added I would like the source to refer to
the whole F column (ie - =$F:$F), but my drop down list now shows
many blank spaces. How can I make the drop down list ignore the blank
spaces?

Roger Govier

Try creating a dynamic range for your list. Debra Dalgleish has some
excellent instruction on her site at
http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"cribology - ExcelForums.com"
wrote in message
I have a drop down list that has source values taken from F1:F50, as
new values are repeatedly added I would like the source to refer to
the whole F column (ie - =$F:$F), but my drop down list now shows
many blank spaces. How can I make the drop down list ignore the blank
spaces?

cribology - ExcelForums.com

Thanks for the feedback although it doesn't completely work as my list
with the values for the drop down is linked to another spreadsheet, so
values from say F51 to F60 are zeros. These zeros appear in the drop
down list as well and even when I alter the formula to hide zero
values, the drop down list shows them a blank options in the drop
down list. I am using Excel 97 by the way.