Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Diane

Default Weekly Timesheet help

Hi
Hope this makes sense.
I am new at this so if anyone can help with a simple formula for me it would
much appreciated.
I need to make up a weekly timesheet that can calculate normal hours and
overtime hours for each day and show in a seperate column.
If work 35 hours a week
A column showing hours worked at regular, meal times deducted, overtime
hours automatically calculated for the day. At end of sheet total colums for
regular hours, overtime hours, minus meals hours automatically calculated.
--
You are neither too young or old to learn.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Biff

Hi!

Here's a free downloadable sample file:

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/timesht.htm

Study the formulas or just use it as a template.

Biff

"Diane" wrote in message
Hi
Hope this makes sense.
I am new at this so if anyone can help with a simple formula for me it
would
much appreciated.
I need to make up a weekly timesheet that can calculate normal hours and
overtime hours for each day and show in a seperate column.
If work 35 hours a week
A column showing hours worked at regular, meal times deducted, overtime
hours automatically calculated for the day. At end of sheet total colums
for
regular hours, overtime hours, minus meals hours automatically calculated.
--
You are neither too young or old to learn.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Diane

Thanks Bif
The timesheet download is great however
is there also a way to insert a column that shows the overtime
worked/calculated on a daily basis and not just calculated at the end of the
week please.

--

"Diane" wrote in message
Hi
Hope this makes sense.
I am new at this so if anyone can help with a simple formula for me it
would
much appreciated.
I need to make up a weekly timesheet that can calculate normal hours and
overtime hours for each day and show in a seperate column.
If work 35 hours a week
A column showing hours worked at regular, meal times deducted, overtime
hours automatically calculated for the day. At end of sheet total colums
for
regular hours, overtime hours, minus meals hours automatically calculated.
--
You are neither too young or old to learn.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Peo Sjoblom

To get OT assuming that 8 is regular time, with the total hours worked in a
day in B2

=MAX(0,B2-8)

for decimal values, if B2 holds a time value like 8:00, change to

=MAX(0,B2-"08:00")

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

Portland, Oregon