Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Jaelou

Default Stopping autoformat when replacing cells.

I'm trying to replace text cells that read 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, etc. to be 2-1,
2-2, 2-3, etc. I've been going to Find and finding "1-" and replacing with
"2-", which changes the 1-1, for example to 38749. What am I doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi

Excel is treating 1-1 etc as a date - and hence it comes up with 38749
(which is 1st Feb).
I would suggest either formatting the cells to Text before you start or
prefixing your entries with '

Andy.

"Jaelou" wrote in message
I'm trying to replace text cells that read 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, etc. to be 2-1,
2-2, 2-3, etc. I've been going to Find and finding "1-" and replacing
with
"2-", which changes the 1-1, for example to 38749. What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks for the feedback!

Andy.

"Jaelou" wrote in message