Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
sgrech

Default Links

I have a cell in a spreadsheet (book30.xls) with a formula
(vlookup(a1,[book20.xls]sheet1!$A$1:$b$4,2), however the name of the
workbook referenced will vary on a day by day basis to include a date
e.g.book20_20012006 . There are many similar formulas in the book30.xls
spreadsheet which would also need to be updated to reflect the filename.
What is easiest way to facilitate this if any? I would imagine that I
would need the inputbox function to obatin the date from the user,
whatever date is returned is the date that must be attached to the
book20.xls filename.

I hope the above makes sense.

Cheers
Simon

--
sgrech
sgrech's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=14501

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
sgrech

sgrech Wrote:
I have a cell in a spreadsheet (book30.xls) with a formula
(vlookup(a1,[book20.xls]sheet1!$A$1:$b$4,2), however the name of the
workbook referenced will vary on a day by day basis to include a date
e.g.book20_20012006 . There are many similar formulas in the book30.xls
spreadsheet which would also need to be updated to reflect the filename.
What is easiest way to facilitate this if any? I would imagine that I
would need the inputbox function to obatin the date from the user,
whatever date is returned is the date that must be attached to the
book20.xls filename.

I hope the above makes sense.

Cheers
Simon

C'mon guys somebody must have a ckue regarding this - have I not
explained myself clearly?

Simon