KarenH

Default Deleting links to other spreadsheets

I have a spreadsheet that apparently contains links to about 40 other
spreadsheets. Some of these spreadsheets then contain links to others.

There is no where in the entire workbook where any cell references any of
these links -- the only reason I know they are there is because when the
workbook is opened, it asks to update the links. If I go into "Links" , they
are listed (although not with their correct location). This spreadsheet has
been used and updated and modified since its original creation about 7 years
ago, and I suspect some of those links go that far back and aren't valid
anymore.

The worksheet continues to crash anytime anyone tries to copy or cut or move
anything in any cell, blank or not, and I suspect it's because of these
links. As a test, I took a copy of the spreadsheet, deleted the entire
contents of the worksheet, and still when it is saved and opened, it looks
for the links to other spreadsheets.

I am trying to just delete the links -- since they aren't referenced
anywhere in any cells, I can't just go someplace and delete them. Is there
any universal deletion method to get rid of all links to all other
spreadsheets?

Anne Troy

Try this, Karen:
Anne Troy